Topic: Quality and Safety?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Jim Hutchinson Jim Hutchinson 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jim Hutchinson
    Jim Hutchinson
    Keymaster

Should AS programs be part of Quality and Safety portfolios? Or are they better positioned in the pharmacy? Or perhaps the microbiology laboratory?

Lyle Powell
    Lyle Powell
    Participant

At AMMI/CACMID this morning dr Andrew Morris said that AS should be reporting to the person with the most money… And I would agree with that, that having proper support for an AS program is the most important part… Being on the side of a desk in not conducive to long term sustainability and successes. So for those larger sites and health authorities I would agree that AS is a quality issue and that having it under pharmacy or micro would only make Stewardship a subsidiary of these programs and shift responsibility away from the larger group where it belongs. So yes AS should be under a quality or similar program.
    However in smaller sites with limited resources a pharmacy or lab or medical advisory group could maintain a great AS program as long as the passion (and funding) exists.

Richard Bachand
    Richard Bachand
    Participant

AmS Programs have a better opportunity to succeed in a Portfolio that is multidisciplinary and is primarily driven by quality improvement and not focused on financial return. From my experience in trying to promote stewardship through both Pharmacy and Quality…no question ….Quality wins hands down

Jim Hutchinson
    Jim Hutchinson
    Keymaster
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Related Content

Related Posts